Thursday, July 29, 2010

Who Are You

Do you know who you are? Do you know what you want to be? No I dont mean if you want to be a doctor or an engineer. That hardly makes us who we are. If somebody was to ask you, Who are you as a person? How easily would you be able to answer that? A lot of places ask you to describe yourself. People jump on to fancy descriptions, or rather perceptions of who they think they are. Not that I think thats wrong, especially when I cant do it.

It might surprise some of you who know me. Dushyant, the man with so much to speak cant describe himself? No, I can talk about myself and who I am, only if I really knew the answer. But the truth is, I dont. I am so lost. I thought I had an idea about who I was, who I wanted to be. But today, I cant answer any of those questions. Most people tend to discover themselves and learn about themselves with time. I thought I would be no exception. But I am. I have no idea who I have become. Sure, if someone asked me the questions "Tell me something about myself", I would probably ramble something, may be blurt out something impressive. I would be lying.

Why is this though? Is it because I dont care anymore? Is it because that question is of no relevance to me? Or is it because most people around me care about who I am anymore? I just realized my post has more questions than answers. So why not keep the trend?

Do you know who you are?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment